Monday, November 19, 2012

Would you like some microcheese with that microwhine?

Spotted in the comments section at Al Stefanelli's blog: (don't forget to read Al's article too, it rocks)
I don’t know a whole lot about al’s problems with FTB, but I have noticed that some of the folks there go a little far with the nuttery. One commenter on a thread went so far as to suggest that by referring to Savita Halappanavar by her first name was an example of 'microaggression'.
Seriously?
wtf?
(If you're not familiar with the Savita case, here's a link)

I also had a WTF moment, so I made the mistake of googling "microaggression". According to Wikipedia, it's "the idea that specific interactions between those of different races, cultures, or genders can be interpreted as mostly non-physical aggression." There's also microassault, microinsult, microinvalidation and - get ready for this - microrape. (I guess victim-politics scholars haven't yet gotten around to investigating micro-inviting-someone-for-coffee-in-the-elevator.)

I swear, you can't make this shit up...

No comments:

Post a Comment